Wednesday, March 12, 2008

SO Totally Random

Can I just say that I Hate! going to the post office for anything other than to check my box? Yesterday, I took off work early to go pick up a certified letter. I rushed to get there and surprise, surprise, everybody and their brother was in line for something or another. Here's a pop-quiz for ya: Which of the following made me more annoyed by the minute? Was it the lady in line talking so loud on her cell phone that people from 3 counties away could hear her? Was it the lady in front of me who was engaged in cooing and baby talk to an infant in front of her ("She's so CUTESY WOOSTY YES SHE IS!".. *gag*)? Or, was it the fact that none of the postal workers were in a great hurry? If you answered "D", all of the above, then you'd be correct!

For all parties concerned (thanks!), I still have not gone to the doctor yet. It's just been a small matter of this tiny thing called insurance, of which I don't have any at this time. And actually, I think I just may be a hypochondriac, because I have not experienced any symptoms as of late. Also? I don't need to go pay a copay of $30 to hear my doctor say, "Here, I wrote it down for you. Go look it up on WebMd.", which she so totally does! It's like, "Here's what's ailin' ya, go do your own research 'cause you're obviously not satisfied with the answer I've given ya, and at least if I write it down you'll search it correctly instead of callin' back tomorrow." She's SOO right! So as soon as I get me some of that there new fangled insurance, I'll be happily on my way to get a few things checked out. Namely, my ears. I get MEGA sinus headaches when the weather starts getting funky (hot to cold, cold to hot) and my ears, they be hurtin'. I feel like they're stopped up and just plain achy. Now, I will admit, I am a complete 'shwa (as in Poo-shwa, code for a not so nice word of a lady's anatomy, and being from the south, honey I just don't use that word along with the C-bomb) when it comes to my ears. If my ears hurt enough for me to lose sleep, guess what? You're gonna lose sleep too, because I'm gonna be all whiny and cryin' if it comes to that. And guess what else? Someone {*cough* Hubbs} is gonna have to rub my hair until I go to sleep, if you ever intend on sleeping, that is. And also, I accidently on purpose stuck a bobby pin in my right ear when I was in college to get some wax out and to scratch the inside of my ear, and that caused me to rupture my ear drum, which hurt like a real mutha. I incurred a slight loss of hearing due to that incident. Oh, but I have so many intelligent stories I could tell...

Second order of doctor business is to get my yearly physical out of the way. Because, really? Unless you're Hubbs, I don't really want you down there. And also, when you are down there, it makes me really uncomfortable when you try to strike up a conversation. That is not a time in which you need to talk to me. Plus, I need some birth control pills. I have not been on birth control in almost 4 years, and next year we're planning on tryin' for a little one. Sounds kinda dumb, huh? Well, unless my monthly friend improves dramatically, I'm gonna be all about the pill.

So, now all that doctor business is all wrapped up, on to more amusing things. Namely, my Hubbs. I'll leave you with some of his most hilarious quips!

*Don't trust anything that bleeds for 7 days and lives. (passed on by his alcoholic father)
*I'm gonna get you a bumper sticker that says "My other car is a broom"
*Look at the shitter on that critter.
*I am a sexy beast. I am Man-tastic.
*(His explanation for when he's sick, my husband the mechanic says..) "Man, I was up all night. I think I blew a rear main seal.

Bless his little heart, y'all. No wonder I married him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think we need to keep my husband and your husband as farrrrrr away from one another as possible. :-)