Monday, March 17, 2008

Let me tell you about MY last couple of days...

Karma must really hate me right now. I've had the worst last couple of days ever. Thursday, I left work early due to a sinus infection. After trying to sleep it off (and a few OTC drugs), I woke up 3 hours later in a cold sweat no better off than I was. So, I went to urgent care which cost me $109, but was given some free drugs, because once again, I do not have insurance. Friday, I woke up feeling WAAAY better and went to work. I noticed that my left contact wasn't lubricating properly, and after much observation and recollection, it was decided that my eye had not made a tear all day. I thought it must be the contact, but was wondering about the sensitivity to light. After driving home with my sunglasses home that night, I pryed my contact off my eye only to awake the next morning with a brand new discovery. I had Pink Eye! Saturday was the day of Hubbs' surprise birthday lunch and I didn't want to show up with all the redness, so I headed to the local WalGreens for some relief. I drove into town with one eye open and get pulled over by the cops. The Po Po. I had only been awake for an hour and a half, y'all, and I had pink eye and a speeding ticket! 45 in a 25. The young punk actually even asked me to pick my cigarette up off the ground. I didn't want to blow smoke in his face, so I threw it out. Then he asked me to get out and pick it up. I looked at him and said, "Are you serious?" Because apparently, ciggy butts out the window= littering. Let's recap, shall we?
1. Sinus infection that warrants a visit to the Urgent Care
2. Pink Eye
3. Speeding ticket

That's what I've been up to lately, hope your last few days have been a lot better!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well at least you should be done now with sucky things- I strongly believe they only happen in threes. Speeding tickets suck, but pink eye...aww. I missed my prom because I had such bad pink eye.

Anonymous said...

Oh mah holy heck! You poor thing. You should have consulted your resident "I don't have insurance either, so I've picked up the quick otc fixes".

As for the pink eye, my dear you would have been on your own there.

Stupid po po.

Kathy Rogers said...

Woof. Is it possible to just go to bed for a week?