Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Going all Green


Well, nothing much has been happening around here the past couple of days. Pretty boring stuff, actually. It's raining and the weather dude is calling for high winds, hail and possibly tornadoes. FUN! But seriously, I love thunderstorms. Always have. They're just really cool to watch, especially if you're out on the porch breathing in that rain smell. I can always tell when we're gonna get some showers. You can smell it in the air. And honestly? Right now, we need all the rain we can get. We're facing serious drought issues in my neck of the woods and unless somebody drops a flood on us, they're not gonna be clearing up any time soon. My dear friend, Steph, is doing her part with her miscellaneous water buckets for household use and her rain bucket. I guess I'm not much of a tree hugger because I'm still indulging in my 20 minute (okay, okay until all the hot water runs out) showers, I'm still using the dishwasher, still letting the tap run while I brush my teeth, still doing nothing personally to conserve water except I stopped buying bottled water. I have considered recycling all of our empty Mt. Dew and Coke cans. I've considered recycling all of my miscellaneous newspapers, magazines, catalogs, junk mail, etc. I consider. I consider alot of things, and while they all sound very good and well-intentioned and all environmentally conscious, I have to say I haven't gone through with a single one. There's lots of talk of using recaptured water. The only recaptured water in my house is when the dog jumps in the bathtub and trys to suck out any remaining droplets of water. Poor thing acts like he doesn't get a single drop to drink all day! And how can I deprive my poor, sweet (and yet so evil), cuddly Pookie?? How can you say no to this face?! I can't I tell you! I just can't! So anyway, we (and by "we", I mean everyone else in the tri-county area, apparently, but me) are trying to conserve. Reduce! Reuse! Recycle!
** In case you're wondering, (I know I'm all nosy like that) Scout's doggy t-shirt says "I Chase Tail"

1 comment:

Lyvvie said...

He's so cute! And you seem like great fun, glad I popped over - you should've introduced yourself! I've added you to my blogroll, hope to get to know you better.