Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday's Guest Blog: Steph from Moody Home Cooking

I am freaking tired today. What I am reminding myself, however, is that I can leave at 3:15 and go home and (hopefully) forget about this place until Monday. What stresses me out STILL is that I need to do laundry, clean my house, go grocery shopping, and spend some time with my parents. It never ends.
What? That doesn’t sound too bad, eh? No, it’s not really that bad. My Jen and I had a nice philosophical-type conversation this week and tried to focus on all the blessings that we have in life (even though we were more inclined to fuss about all the stresses of life.) Yes, I have to do laundry… that means I have clothes to wear and a washer in which to wash said clothes. Yes, I feel the need to spend time with my parents… that means I have parents who are still alive and healthy, and with whom I have a great relationship. Yes, I must grocery shop… thankfully I have some money with which to buy some groceries. Yes, I’ll have to go back to work before I know it… that means I am fortunate to have a job.
So today, I’ll try and be more positive. And instead of listing all the things I wish I had, I’ll make a list of all the things that I am blessed with: faith, family and friends will be at the top of said list.
Grace and Peace to you…
Steph (moodyhomecooking)

No comments: