Thursday, May 1, 2008

Christmas Underwear in May and a John Grisham novel

Okay, it's official. I'm not going to die an untimely death from Lyme's Disease. Whew! That was a close one! It turns out that you're not supposed to put Neosporin on a tick bite, which I may or may not have done, and that apparently, I'm allergic to Neosporin. I've been using this stuff for years. YEARS. And it's never affected me in any way. Until now. I'm glad that was all cleared up. There is nothing more humbling than lying on your stomach in your underwear in a doctor's office while she takes sharp objects and pokes around in a tick bite to "make sure you got the head and everything out." To top it all off, I was wearing my Christmas underwear. It's May. No, I don't like Christmas Just-that-much. I just got new draws for Christmas and like 3 pair just happened to be Christmas-y. At least I remembered to shave my legs, yo. You never know when you'll be at the doctor's office and they'll tell you to "Drop'em." I like to be prepared. So now that I'm done fearing every bug bite disease listed on Webmd.com, I've been pretty productive for a procrastinator. The goodie boxes got shipped. I've been packing up our room at the MIL's. I enlisted the help of my parents to help get my new kitchen situated. Hubbs and I got everything out of our two storage units and moved it all to the new house (in less than 2 hours!!). I have to finish moving boxes from MIL's to the new house today, drop off library books, check the mail box, call the landlord about the broken dishwasher, distribute Hubbs' paycheck to the appropriate outlets (read: bills), and unpack more stuff. I also have to go buy a trash can, Q-tips, a new razor, and shower curtain rings. Then I have to go to Ma Dukes' house and raid her linen closet for curtains and bath mats. I do believe it's gonna be a busy weekend, and it hasn't even started yet! I just got finished reading John Grisham's The Appeal. Oh, it was good! But the ending sucked. I was disappointed to say the least. But overall, the book was awesome. Now I have to work my way through the massive pile (20) of books I may or may not have ordered online from the library. And I may or may not have forgotten that they send them as they come in and not just hold a couple at a time so you'll have adequate time to read what you have. Sadly, I have to send some back after scanning the first two chapters and deciding that they are not worthy of my time at the present moment. I probably would not have this problem if not for my Padre bringing home books like The Appeal (when he knows I'm a die-hard Grisham fan) and other assortments of books from the auction he and Ma Dukes regularly attend. Seriously? The Appeal is still in hardback and is close to $25-$30 in stores and they got it for $2. Two Bucks!! This has thus interrupted my library time. Those books need love too. I just hope I don't lose any in the move!

4 comments:

Lyvvie said...

I bet your Dr was humming jingle bells for the rest of the afternoon.

Anonymous said...

I love Grisham too, but have found that he DEFINITELY has a few clunkers out there. But will check this book out, based on your rec.

Anonymous said...

I love John Grisham! I went thrifting a couple weeks ago and got SIX hardback novels of his for $4.00 TOTAL. It was insane, orgasmic even.

Anonymous said...

Ok my dear I'm not bitching, please take note. I swear! I'm just kind of worried. You sent out the packages and I never got one.

I'm afraid it was stolen from the porch or something and it sucks.