Monday, February 25, 2008

Survey says...

It's not official.. yet. I have to call my Dr., who will then call me a hypochondriac (as usual). But seriously, this morning I've already taken 3 Adult ADD/ADHD online tests, and I'm sure that's what is wrong with me. I go 100 mph all day one day and the next day I feel like I've been ran over by a Mack truck. My mind never stops. Hubbs is always telling me I worry too much (Well, one of us has to b/c he sure doesn't waste anytime doing it). My last trip to the ER warranted speculation from my physician that I was pegged to have a heart attack at 40 (and now I'm worrying about that!). But, I can't get organized even though I make a thousand To-Do lists; I can't get my ass to work on time; I. Am. So. Tired.; All. The. Time. (I seriously almost fell asleep while eating my french toast yesterday morning); I forget things/conversations/dates all the time; I'm having some memory loss (I'm only 24!! I shouldn't have Alzheimers!! Hubbs calls what I have "Part-timers"); I'm all hyper one minute and the next I'm like the human slug; I'm easily skittish; I can't sleep well (all those thoughts swimming around); did I mention that I have NO energy?; I have no desire to do anything at any given time. Does this make me a bad person? I don't think so. I think this means I need to be a medicated person. I need something to make me "go" again. I'm 24. I'm kinda fat. But not all wallowing-overly obese-and-can't-take-a-5-minute-brisk-walk kind of fat. Some days I bound out of bed (okay, not really, more like I lay there and give myself a pep talk to get out of bed) and do all of my morning routine and get to work and am totally fine. Other days it's like I am human-slugging my way to mediocrity just to get the day over with. So, my head and my heart says "Hey, kid. You probably have ADD. Get some drugs and deal with it." I want my semi-normal life back. ASAP, ya hear! Guess it's time to make the call.

2 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

No, babe, it's thryoid or parathyroid symptoms. Check it out...

flutterbyshutter said...

i know this was from days ago but i'm curious as to what the doc had to say about this.