Tuesday, May 19, 2009

When will you ever learn?

This is a rant. I'm going to jump on my little soapbox. If this is something you'd rather not hear, then I suggest you click elsewhere.


When are you stupid idiot party-goers ever gonna learn??
This past weekend a party was thrown. I won't name any names, but let's just say that these functions with this crowd always tend to end in drama and nine times out of ten somebody gets hurt. This shindig was no exception. One party-goer had been drinking (probably heavily as per usual), decided to leave, and ended up side-swiping a car on his journey away from the party. I look at our community online news today and discover that the person he side-swiped died and 4 more are injured. An innocent 18 year-old is dead. DEAD. Because you.. needed more beer? A booty call? More weed? A fucking kid is dead because you didn't have the good sense God gave you to understand that you can't drink and drive. Also on this notorious night, another drunk moron decided that he wasn't drunk enough and needed yet MORE alcohol, so he drove to the store and flipped his PT Cruiser into a ditch MULTIPLE times and almost broke his leg (sprain I later heard) and wanted to FLEE THE SCENE OF THE ACCIDENT! How do I know this if I wasn't there, you ask? I know this because my husband was the one this guy's friend called to help "pull him out of the ditch." My husband is the one who talked him out of fleeing the scene after he landed in somebody's front yard and they called the cops. Because my husband? WAS SOBER. You sorry pieces of shit have no regard for your own safety or that of others and I am DISGUSTED. I hate these "get-togethers" for the simple reason that people unnecessarily get injured. It could all be prevented if you just had a DD or someone you could/would call if you had a few too many. We've all been there, but apparently not all of us use good judgement. In my county alone this year there have already been 10 vehicle deaths. If you drink, please PLEASE don't drive. Don't exercise your stubborn idiotic behavior at the expense of an innocent person's life. Sadly, I know the person who killed that 18-year-old, and all I have to say is this: You are 26 fucking years old and you are a total douche bag to take away this boy's life and a son away from his mother. I hope they throw the book at your ass and make an example out of you so that your other weekend-alcoholic friends will hopefully learn from your mistake. As for me, I will come get you if you are too drunk to drive. I will take your keys. I will not watch you kill yourself or someone else because "we ran out of Jager bombs." For the party throwers, SHAME on YOU for letting these people leave in such sorry condition. In my opinion, you should share the punishment of these sorry individuals. You should be just as liable for not taking their keys. Why not? Bars are. I hope this wrong turn of events has opened your eyes as well. I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer and poo poo everyone's good time. I'm all for having a good time just not at the expense of someone else's life. This has been a Snappy Service Announcement. Thank you.