Monday, April 13, 2009

The first step is admitting you have a problem...


Supposedly in AA, the first step is admitting you have a problem. After that, you will be truly open to treatment. Well.. My name is ___. (Hi! ___!) And I am a cereal junkie. Wow. That feels better. Right now on top of my fridge are FIVE boxes of cereal: Cheerios, Apple Cinnamon Cheerios, Honeycombs, Apple Jacks and Froot Loops. My husband doesn't even LIKE cereal unless it's Reese Puffs or Cap'n Crunch. We have no children. All 5 boxes are for ME! This is either seriously sad or....... Okay, so it's seriously sad. I remember growing up and not being able to get brand name cereal because it was too expensive, or trying to trick my mama into buying a certain cereal JUST for the prize. That NEVER worked. She was on to my evil cereal ways. Nowadays, they hardly ever put a prize in the box. What can I say? I love me some whole-wheat, sugar-doused goodness. It's good for breakfast. It's good for a snack. It's good for dinner when you're too lazy to make a "real" meal (Guilty). To me cereal is like waking up and deciding what you want to wear to work: The night before you might have been feelin' some Apple Jacks/a dress. But when you woke up, Froot Loops/a powersuit might have been more tastier/suitable. And if you only buy ONE box, you never get an option. Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day, yo.

3 comments:

Lindz said...

Wow! I remember only having cheerios or raisin bran when I was growing up. Kix were a treat! I want breakfast at your house.

Lyvvie said...

Whenever I go back to the USA one of the first things we do is grocery shop and absolute must haves are Froot Loops and Alphabits. I love Alphabits.

I say there's nothing wrong to having a bowl a sugary cereal once in a while. Keeps the kid inside us happy.

Sean Russell said...

Cereal really is the perfect food! I do have children, but I purchase a box or two every now and then and keep it stashed away just for me. I'm bad, I know. They eat the cruncy, granola-ish stuff and I savor the occasional box of Count Choculas! Ahhh...the delicous perks of being a grown up.