Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday's Pick


This Friday's pick is "I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell," by Tucker Max. What can I say? This book was the funniest thing I've read in a long time. I was literally crying from laughing so hard. This guy is a complete asshole, a belligerent drunk and a womanizer. But most of all, he's too damn funny! His short stories are almost unbelievable. He says they are all true, and even though some are slightly doubtful, after reading the rest you can almost be sure he can't make this stuff up. Tucker got his undergrad at the University of Chicago and then went to Duke Law School for his J.D. When asked why he is a writer, not a lawyer, he responds that he doesn't hate his life enough to be an attorney. Along with Tucker are some friends: PWJ, El Bingeroso, SlingBlade, Hate, Credit and many more. This guy has been characterized as a cult icon. His book is the male form of chick lit. I highly recommend going out and buying this book. You won't be disappointed.
This from the introduction:
My name is Tucker Max, and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with more women than is safe or reasonable, and just generally act like a raging dickhead. But, I do contribute to humanity in one very important way: I share my adventures with the world.
* Go on and read it. You know you want to.

No comments: